Outlook problem

nick1256 06:52 08 Jul 05

I've just set up my new PC to run e-mails on Office outlook and have been receiving them OK but sending is a differant matter, they just sit there in the outbox and won't send. I've configured the options to send straight away but still nothing.
Any help please?

steve263000 07:15 08 Jul 05

This is just a thought, but have you correctly put the smtp address in? When you configure Outlook, there is a test button to check that you have done all the actions correctly. Have you tried that?

VoG II 07:56 08 Jul 05
  Granger 14:21 08 Jul 05

I use Outlook too. I have 3 email accounts, but my broadband provider is Wanadoo. I receive emails sent to any of my 3 email acocunts, but I can only send using the Wanadoo account. If I try to send using my Eurobell account, the message will just sit there forever in the Outbox. This is normal I think. So if I really want to send an email using a non-Wanadoo account, I use webmail instead of Outlook. Maybe this is your problem?

nick1256 21:13 08 Jul 05

Thanks Steve26300 I knew it would be something simple like that, all I did was to fill in the user & email box,s to sort it - blxxdy computers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…