outlook problem

karl1483 21:23 05 Jul 04

i recently have started getting the following message when opening outlook express "the add in c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\XCOLExt.dll could not be installed or loaded it may be resolved by useing detect and repair unable to load c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\XCOLExt.dll may be out of memory or system resources or missing dll file" i did as it suggested and ran the repair which it said was successfull untill next time i ran outlook and got same message again,it also told me i needed to activate outlook again which i did.does anyone have any clues as to what is going on.i have restored to a point i know is good but this seems to make no differance.i am using winxp home athlon 2600+ 512ddr

VoG II 21:36 05 Jul 04

I'm confused. Is this Outlook (part of Office) or Outlook Express? And which version please?

THE TERMINATOR 21:58 05 Jul 04

VoG™ it is OE and XP

VoG II 22:02 05 Jul 04

But there is no Detect and Repair in OE and no Add-ins either! Puzzled!

karl1483 22:03 05 Jul 04

sorry i am useing microsoft outlook 2002 not outlook express i use mozilla as my default browser i hope this helps

VoG II 22:10 05 Jul 04

This is for Outlook 2003 - you may have to look somewhere different in 2002.

Tools/Options, Other tab, Advanced button, Add-In manager button or COM add-in button. Untick anything to do with XCOLExt.dll and OK your way out. Exit Outlook then restart it.

karl1483 22:19 05 Jul 04

thank you managed to find an add in that was related the the sony ericsson software i had removed earlier for you info the software was "XTNDConnect pc for sony ericsson" that came with my new sony t630 phone, that didnt work anyway hence why i removed it.once again thank you VoG™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…