Outlook popup when synchronising Nokia phone

murgle 19:24 13 Feb 05

Hi,

I have Outlook 2000 and have a Nokia 6810 which connects to my PC using Nokia's PC suite and Bluetooth. I have PC suite to automatically connect to my phone when in Bluetooth range in order to synchronise my tasks. Every time the synchroniser runs, a pop up from Outlook appears with a similar message to the following:

A program is trying to gain access to an email address in Outlook, Allow access for "no. of minutes".

Is there any way I can switch this pop up off so that synchronisation can continue automatically with me having to grant access.

Many thanks.

murgle 19:39 14 Feb 05

Anybody Please?

Technotiger 20:10 14 Feb 05

Hi, I would suggest that adware may be causing this - I would advise running Ad-Aware click here or any other spy-ware ad-aware programs you might have.

Cheers

murgle 20:13 14 Feb 05

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It's not Adware, its PC Suite but I need to turn off the pop up.

Thanks

Technotiger 20:23 14 Feb 05

Me again - I don't use Outlook, so can't really advise - but is there not a way to dis-allow popups. I use Nokia's pc suite but with Infr-red rather than bluetooth.

Don't give up, someone will come up with the answer for you.

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:30 14 Feb 05

HeronLima 20:32 14 Feb 05

I had the same problem synchronising my Palm Tugsten E. Today my Palm died so the problem is gone. However there must be a better solution somewhere. Anyone?

David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…