Outlook popup when synchronising Nokia phone

murgle 19:24 13 Feb 05

Hi,

I have Outlook 2000 and have a Nokia 6810 which connects to my PC using Nokia's PC suite and Bluetooth. I have PC suite to automatically connect to my phone when in Bluetooth range in order to synchronise my tasks. Every time the synchroniser runs, a pop up from Outlook appears with a similar message to the following:

A program is trying to gain access to an email address in Outlook, Allow access for "no. of minutes".

Is there any way I can switch this pop up off so that synchronisation can continue automatically with me having to grant access.

Many thanks.

murgle 19:39 14 Feb 05

Anybody Please?

Technotiger 20:10 14 Feb 05

Hi, I would suggest that adware may be causing this - I would advise running Ad-Aware click here or any other spy-ware ad-aware programs you might have.

Cheers

murgle 20:13 14 Feb 05

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It's not Adware, its PC Suite but I need to turn off the pop up.

Thanks

Technotiger 20:23 14 Feb 05

Me again - I don't use Outlook, so can't really advise - but is there not a way to dis-allow popups. I use Nokia's pc suite but with Infr-red rather than bluetooth.

Don't give up, someone will come up with the answer for you.

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:30 14 Feb 05

HeronLima 20:32 14 Feb 05

I had the same problem synchronising my Palm Tugsten E. Today my Palm died so the problem is gone. However there must be a better solution somewhere. Anyone?

David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…