OUTLOOK PASSWORD PROBLEM

SKIPPY1952 11:39 11 Jan 03
  SKIPPY1952 11:39 11 Jan 03

I have recently bought a new computer and have installed XP Home edition, with outlook. Everything is running OK however when i attempt to receive my mail on initial opening i am asked for the password for my account. i have saved my profile with password to be remembered and also have ticked the box when asked to sign also. When i reopen Outlook again the sigon box shows remember password box unchecked.

you have to type your password again & recheck the box sometimes you have to do this so many times with winXP home before it will do it for itself when you do achieve the automatic entry of name & password create a restore point so that it will always remember back to that point when it was correct
the problem is win XP home does not always enter all the info you put in in the correct order. you should have auto report/sent the problem to microsoft if you enabled that facility there is an update but I cannot remember when & where it is

Ford Prefect 01 19:44 26 Feb 11

Havyou installed OfficeXP or Office 2003 on a Vista or Windows 7 machine. Outlook does not save password in Vista or Windows 7.

Forum Editor 10:39 27 Feb 11

This thread was posted 8 years ago - I imagine there's no longer a problem.

rawprawn 10:48 27 Feb 11

In Settings do you need to tick "My outgoing server needs authentication"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…