Outlook from Outlook Express

entropycity 17:58 25 Jan 03

I wish to change to using Outlook 2002 from OE6 (my PC has Win XP Home). I have done what I think is needed to make the change (making Outlook the default and inporting stuff from OE) but I can't get Outlook to receive new messages or automatically dial up when I double click on the Outlook icon (as OE still does)

Can anyone tell me what I have missed please?

P.S I have Mailwasher and this has been set to open Outlook which it does (but the new messages still go to OE!)

Geoff

Lú-tzé 19:31 25 Jan 03

Go into internet options from within Internet Explorer and under the programs tab tell it that Outlook is the default mailer.

Have you entered the pop3 / smtp settings into Outlook?

Lú-tzé 10:41 26 Jan 03

Thanks for the email - sorry that it has not worked.

Try going into the XP option which sets file types and opening programs - maybe under Windows explorer_tools_options_file types and within the mailto section change it to outlook.

Sorry I cannot be more specific - I don't have XP.

Old PC man 13:36 26 Jan 03

Try this!!!

Go to control panel--Internet options--programmes tab--under e-mail set the program to Microsoft Outlook.

Cheers

John /#)

Lú-tzé 16:41 26 Jan 03

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again for a second try. I have somehow got Outlook to send and receive. There seemed to be a second version of my default ISP and this was causing a problem. I did a Test a/c setting trial and it worked.

Cheers for your suggestions

Received by email.

You are welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…