Outlook & Outlook Express

AP22 16:53 17 Aug 04

I currently do project work on a desktop at one location and have all my emails filed in Personal Folders in Outlook on this machine. I need to be able to access these folders on a separate laptop at home that cannot be connected in any way to the desktop machine. If I copy the .pst (office data file)from the desktop Outlook on to disc, can I then read this into a copy of Outlook running on my laptop and thus use this to access my email history when I away from the desktop location? If so, can I run Outlook at the same time as I run Outlook Express which is what I always use on my laptop and which is where all my non-project and personal emails are stored? Please note that the .pst Outlook file will grow daily on the desktop and I don't want to have to import all the messages each time I use the laptop. Thanks

rawprawn 17:39 17 Aug 04

I'm pretty certain you can copy the .pst files to disc and then transfer them into your Outlook on your laptop, but if you are not careful you may find that the information gets doubled up, because I don't think there is a way simply to update. I think it's all or nothing. However wait for another reply someone may have a better knowledge about it than me. I only use the system to back up Outlook to a disc.Yes you can run both Outlook & Outlook Express on the same machine, but each time it will ask which you want as default. I have both, but rarely use OE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…