Outlook notification envelope

staples printer cartridge 22:04 20 Apr 06

At work when I receive an e-mail in Outlook I have it set up to show a notification envelope and a sound, which it does. At home I have the same set up and it never works. Any ideas why? It is used for a hotmail account if this makes a difference.
Ian

Eric half-a-bee 22:15 20 Apr 06

When you say you have the same set-up at home do you mean the same software or that you have gone to Tools-Options-Emails Options-Advanced E mail Options and ticked all the new item boxes?

staples printer cartridge 22:26 20 Apr 06

Except my Inbox at work is designed for my work acount and home is set up for hotmail.

staples printer cartridge 22:26 20 Apr 06

Both, except my Inbox at work is designed for my work acount and home is set up for hotmail.

Eric half-a-bee 22:37 20 Apr 06

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think the new item alert only works on your inbox - if you have rules set to move the message elsewhere that could explain it. Also might be worth checking that you have a sound set. Control Panel-Sounds & Audio Devices, Sounds tab - scroll about a third of the way down. New Mail Notification should have something (you can set it to what you like - Homer Simpson has lots of samples avaialble on the web).

Eric half-a-bee 22:38 20 Apr 06

You could also check Rules and Alerts and make sure you haven't got something overiding the default settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…