Outlook not sending certain Emails

AlanHo 02:04 20 Dec 06

I am on Blueyonder broadband with two accounts - one for me and one for my wife. We have a desktop computer hard wired to a wireless router and a laptop which shares the same internet connection via wireless.

Outlook 2003 has today refused to send any Email messages to my wife on my second account but receives all my mail OK. I can send Email to other contacts in my address book.

Messages are transferred from the Outbox to the Sent Box when I "Send and Receive" which gives the appearance they have been sent - but messages to myself do not appear on the server when checked with webmail.

I have opened the mail accounts and checked all the settings - but everything is in order. I have also used the account test feature and this reports that the send and receive functions are working properly. Finally - I deleted my accounts and added them back manually - but still no luck.

Outlook Express - using the same account settings - is working OK. I can send a message to my wife using Outlook Express - and it will be downloaded by both Outlook and Outlook Express OK. However, I cannot send her a message using Outlook.

This problem has arisen on both computers at the same time - though no settings have been changed on either. This leads me to speculate that there is something wrong with my wireless router which has a built-in firewall or my ISP is not accepting Outlook mail - but accepting Outlook Express.

I am no techie - and the problem has me beaten. If the router or ISP is blocking outgoing mail - why only to my second account and why only from Outlook.

Perhaps I should mention that the problem applies to both my Email accounts on both computers - I cannot send mail to the other from either.

I am eperiencing a somewhat similar problem with Outlook Express.
Using a dial-up BT anytime account, when I press 'send/recv' I get message 'connected'. This is then replaced by 'finding host' and after a pause 'server unexpecdedly terminated connection'.
Throughout this the twin TVs icon remian in the system tray nd the connection does not seem to be disconnected..
On respressing send/recv the cycle is repeated.
Incoming emails do not seem to be affected.
Is it possible that I have inadvertently altered any settings or is there any action I can take to improve matters please?
As with AlanHo I am not techy brilliant.
- Wol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5