Outlook not seeing Outlook Express

Sue Tait 12:16 12 Oct 08

I recently had a problem with my OE front page which with the forum's help (special thanks to Sea Urchin) I resolved. Before I came to PC Advisor I had tried a couple of things one of which was to download IE 7 to get a fresh copy of OE to see if that helped. (It didn't which is when I cam to the forum!).

However now - when Outlook loads - it comes up with an error message saying that Outlook needs v4.1 of OE or higher. I don't use Outlook as a mail service - only for task management - this problem is more of an irritation as the program won't start up until you get rid of the error message - I tried reinstalling Outlook - but nothing has changed - obviously OE is there as I use it all the time - but Outlook is not 'seeing' it - can anyone suggest anything. Thank s

Sue Tait

brundle 14:44 12 Oct 08

click here

post at 3.18 by tommikka

Sue Tait 16:37 12 Oct 08

Thanks Brundle - went to the links you gave me and found a change to registry in IsInstalled did the trick - problem solved!

Thansk

Sue Tait

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…