Outlook Not Responding

SURVEY 20:02 29 Apr 10

I use Outlook 2000 for contacts/calendar etc. Today it stopped responding although it tried to load and then the usual Microsoft 'We have encountered a problem and ... needs to close'. I have tried Safe Mode, repair option from original discs, scannow etc. The data files are OK as I have managed to copy them to another computer running exactly the same setup. Any ideas - this is driving me bats.

SURVEY 15:24 30 Apr 10

Please someone must have a solution to this?

SURVEY 15:28 30 Apr 10

Just to add I am on XP sp2 and Zonealarm firewall and Avast 5. All had been working fine until the error message came up. I have also tried uninstalling the AV, disabling the firewall, removing outlook and reinstalling outlook.

Woolwell 16:42 30 Apr 10

You could try this click here

Woolwell 16:43 30 Apr 10

Trying outlook safe first.

Woolwell 16:44 30 Apr 10

I would normally suggest this click here but your data files are apparently ok. However it may still be worthwhile.

SURVEY 18:08 30 Apr 10

Woolwell - thanks for your suggestions. None of the suggestions work. Funnily enough the Outlook screen coems up then it seems as if the program is looking for a file, which I normally would assume is the outlook.pst file. I know that my .pst file is OK because I transferred it back & forth from another computer. I now wonder if there is something in the registry that is causing this blip.

VoG II 18:23 30 Apr 10

I know that you think that your mail store is OK but it may be worth running this just in case click here

SURVEY 18:35 30 Apr 10

VoG - Good suggestion; I had tried it but scanned again but the file is OK. Now you normally can come up with a repair!!

Woolwell 19:50 30 Apr 10

Try creating a new profile and see if it opens click here. You may well lose your settings and possibly your old data so back up your pst file.

SURVEY 21:04 30 Apr 10

Woolwell - I am using outlook 2000 but not using mail at all; I only use outlook for calendar and contacts. The link is for outlook 2002+. Looking at profile change for outlook 2000 I would need to be able to open the file menu in otlook, but this is not available with the MS error message on screen; clicking that of course shuts down outlook!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…