Outlook not receiving Hotmail email any more

chesterfield 22:46 11 Jan 11

For many months my Outlook (2010) was happily receiving emails from my Hotmail account but as of last weeks they've stopped coming through. Bizarrely I can still send Hotmail emails from Outlook though.

KremmenUK 06:45 12 Jan 11

Are you using the latest 'Outlook Connector' ?

chesterfield 09:58 12 Jan 11

I haven't thought about updating this since I first set up about 4 months ago. This is required on an ongoing basis is it? Seems strange that an update would grind the existing service to a halt - not very efficient

KremmenUK 11:52 12 Jan 11

Not that I know.

When I upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010 I was prompted to download the latest Outlook Connector.

Since then I've been prompted to download the whole Live Essentials bit that also includes an updated Connector.

What happens when you press f9 from within Outlook ?
Does it show a send/receive error?

chesterfield 21:11 12 Jan 11

No send receive error. The process just never resolves. I have another imap email account running through outlook as well so I know the problem isnt with my internet or anything like that

KremmenUK 07:14 13 Jan 11

Ah - imap

I don't think I used that. I let the Outlook Connector do all the settings.

Can't be sure whether it's listed in my email accounts list or not as the PC in question is at home (and I'm not).

chesterfield 10:22 13 Jan 11

The Outlook connector is specifically for Hotmail accounts. The imap account is one that I just set up manually on outlook and continues to work fine

chesterfield 11:49 19 Jan 11

Just in case anyone has a similar issue I've now solved mine.

The solution was to:

Uninstall the outlook connector,
Delete the hotmail account from outlook
Reinstall the Outlook connector (this may have been an updated version from Microsoft - Im not sure!)
Set up the Hotmail account in Outlook again

KremmenUK 12:39 19 Jan 11

Glad it's sorted.

I can't remember now but I'm sure I didn't 'setup the Hotmail account in Outlook'

I'm sure I just ran the OC and that did all the necessary.

chesterfield 13:05 19 Jan 11

Cheers

By set up I just mean you still need to tell outlook you want to add a new email account and give it your email address and password. The connector helps with the detection of other required settings and processing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009