Outlook Message Rules

Terry Brown 18:00 31 Mar 03

I am receiving junk mail that is addressed to multiple persons,The only common link that I can see is the first 3 letters are the same for all recepients.Is there a way to set message rules so that I can only receive messages addressed to selected names, and the rest are deleted.

MAJ 19:52 31 Mar 03

I don't use Outlook, Terry Brown, but this might help. click here

Alan2 21:08 31 Mar 03

I presume there is something common in these junk messages like your name in the subject box or a common subject or standard phrases in the body.

If so it should be possible to set up a rule by "starting from a blank rule" --> Check all messages when they arrive --> With specific words in the [subject][body] --> Action then is to delete it.

Good luck.

Terry Brown 20:00 12 Apr 03

Thanks to everbody for your help, sorry I have not had a chance toget back before now.

Steinman 20:19 12 Apr 03

What about the domain that sent it? You didnt make clear if thats the same.

Can do a rule to block/delete specific domain.

daba 23:44 12 Apr 03

In the words of The King, when setting up your rule "return to sender" - three times at least !

daba 23:26 14 Jun 03

I retract my last post.

That will only clog up the internet with unnecessary traffic.

PS. I am now also resisting the temptation to 'forward' funnies etc I receive at work (dozens of 'em !). My theory is they will get it anyway from another source - and if they don't, well what the hell, it must make me better than him (lol). At least I can say "heard that one before", when they send it to me !!!

wee eddie 07:30 15 Jun 03

Is the worst possible solution as it only confirms that you exist.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…