Outlook and Mail User Name

fitshase 11:55 20 Jul 04

A strange thing keeps happening in Outlook. I have an account with blueyonder so the incoming setting is pop3.blueyonder.co.uk and the outgoing is smtp.blueyonder.co.uk.

However, after a while the incoming setting changes to localhost and the username changes from xxxxxx_3 to xxxxxx_3/pop3.blueyonder.co.uk

I can receive e-mails fine but when I go to send an e-mail it pops up with the user authentication box. I then have to delete the /pop3.blueyonder.co.uk bit from the username and then it works. When I change the settings back to how they should be, everything works but then outlook changes them back after a while.

Does anyone know how to cure this?

Regards

Fitshase

Diodorus Siculus 13:21 20 Jul 04

Do you have some sort of anti-virus program which also scans incoming mail? It may be intercepting the mail and thus needs to change your pop3 server.

fitshase 14:47 20 Jul 04

I am running PC-Cillin which scans POP3 accounts. I'll switch the pop3 scan off and see what happens.

Cheers

Fitshase

fitshase 17:10 21 Jul 04

That seems to have done the trick.

Cheers

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…