outlook -mail rules

michelleuk 23:29 03 Feb 03

Hi,

I use outlook (I think its 5.5 or 5) because I have been getting more and more junk I have been trying to use the suggestions that were given to me in a previous thread I started. One of which was to use block sender and another was to start my own rules. The block sender appears to work most of the time but the new rule I started does not.

I have only made one rule, I did the following
tools -message rules- mail - new, under condition I ticked the box next to subject line and body content, under action I ticked the box delete it, under description I wrote a list of words and then clicked apply and OK.

And still I am getting emails with words I have placed in the rule to delete it. I then changed the action from delete, to do not download from server, and I still get the messages.

What am I doing wrong? Should I place a tick in the box saying delete it from server? I have now ticked the box saying all messages. If this does not work, I would appreaciate suggestions.

Thank you Take Care
Michelle:-)

click here

Irishman 23:35 03 Feb 03

Download Mailwasher. Far easier to use.

Irishman 23:36 03 Feb 03

Should have said works with OE not instead of.

michelleuk 00:03 04 Feb 03

Hi,

Mailwasher? Is that easy to use. As I have just found that if I clcik the box next to all messages, it will deleate all of them and not those with the specific words I wrote. I assume there are no clashes with mailwasher and Outlook 5.5.

Is it worth updating to version 6? I haven't as yet because I've been told by numerous people that ver 6 is not that good and causes too many problems.

Thank you for your advice

Take Care

crx16 01:04 04 Feb 03

as Irishman says use mailwasher,it gives you a preview of messages,you can then choose to delete/bounce any junk mail,then continue on to open outlook express and download the emails you wish to recieve. click here

michelleuk 01:07 04 Feb 03

Hi,

Thanks, will try.

Take Care

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…