Outlook lose 1st character on left margin in print

Cosmic Guerilla 09:35 24 Sep 03

Problem: Outlook loses first character on left margin in printed message.

A colleague of mine is using an XP pc running Outlook Express 6.

When she prints a message received by Outlook it prints it but loses the first character on the left on each line.

My colleague uses one of two printers (HP DeskJet or Lexmark) and the problem persists on both of these printers so I don?t think it is a printer set up problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Bodi 09:39 24 Sep 03

is it possible to decrease your left margin in page or print setup?

Might help.

Bodi

MAJ 09:43 24 Sep 03

Bodi is correct, Cosmic Guerilla, but I think you need to set the margins from within Internet Explorer, File > Page Setup.

Cosmic Guerilla 15:16 25 Sep 03

Thanks Bodi and MAJ.

Yes, despite the fact that the problem occurs in Outlook, it appears that the fix is to go in to Internet Explorer, File > Page Setup and then amend the margin.

Wouldn't it be more helpful if this setting could be accessed directly from within Outlook. Thanks Microsoft! (If anyone knows a way that this can be accessed directly from within Outlook then feel free to 'put manners on me.')

Anyway, thanks for your help, it was just another of those frustrating problems with a simple solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…