Outlook and laptops

Terri06 12:50 03 Aug 06

Hi there,
I have a laptop - which is used at work and at home. The connections are different, so the smtp is different depending on location. Is there a way to set Outlook to detect the difference or maybe be able to switch without going into settings every time. This is a real pain!
Thanks in advance,
Terri

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 03 Aug 06

connections are different?

do you mean woork connected to a LAN and home to a dial up?

Terri06 15:16 03 Aug 06

At work we are connected to smtp.uwclub.net - at home it is connected to smtp.ntlworld.com

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:51 03 Aug 06

You should be able to set the accounts to only connect to the relevant connection.

Have a look at Tools - E mail Accounts connection

HAve your home account set to ntlworld.com and your work account to wherever your work isp is DO NOT have them set fo Any available.

Terri06 15:54 03 Aug 06

There is only one account - it's my boss's laptop. He works from home sometimes in the evening and likes to pick up e-mails. The ONLY option is for him to switch between settings every time he moves the laptop from work to home. This is a pain and I want to know if there is a way around this (if there isn't, he will consider creating two accounts).

James ® 19:12 03 Aug 06

If I understand this correctly you are trying to collect mail from two different e-mail accounts. This should be possible no matter what ISP you use to connect to the web. Has he/you set up the two different e-mail accounts within Outlook. and configured to check all accounts when you press send/receive?.

Terri06 08:50 04 Aug 06

no you do not understand there is ONE account I said this in previous thread

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:39 04 Aug 06

There may only be one User Account (your boss) but there must be two email accounts for the two different ISPs work and home.

What have you got showing in tools - E-mail accounts?

Terri06 10:04 04 Aug 06

One account - he just changes the settings. He has one address - uses the same POP3 for both locations. It's just he is with ntl at home and uwclub at work. all he wants to do is not have to go through e-mail accounts every time he takes his laptop home. don't worry, it seems there is not a way around this other than to either keep switching or to set up a separate account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…