Outlook keeps trying to send view receipt

NJ4959 15:57 12 Feb 08

I am using Outlook 2003, with two e-mail accounts. One can be used to send and receive, whilst the other can receive only (restricted by the ISP). Just before Christmas a friend sent me an e-mail with a request that I send a read receipt. I agreed to this without realising that he had sent the e-mail to the account that cannot send replies. Ever since then Outlook has been trying to send the read receipt several times a day for the last two months. The read receipt does not appear in the outbox, and I cannot find any way of deleting it. Has anyone any ideas?

anskyber 16:20 12 Feb 08

You could try changing the tracking set up to never send a receipt. If you havn't deleted the email do so then turn the tracking back on if you choose.

I have mine set to send a read receipt automatically so I do not get requests to send.

NJ4959 17:11 12 Feb 08

Thanks for your reply.

I have permanently deleted the e-mail, yet the read receipt still keeps trying to send itself.

anskyber 17:24 12 Feb 08

Does this help? click here

anskyber 17:29 12 Feb 08

Or perhaps this. click here

NJ4959 20:05 12 Feb 08

Thanks for your help. Outlook Spy seems to have got rid of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…