outlook jamming my pc

Garthyy 20:03 29 Jun 06

I have outlook installed on 2 pc's and since the last update every now and again the hard drive spins up and the pc freezes. Both pcs are running different anti virus. Any ideas? My main pc has an amd fx60 and 2gb ram both running xp.

VoG II 20:33 29 Jun 06

Does this happen on both PCs? Are they networked? Have you tried System Restore to before the update?

Garthyy 20:45 29 Jun 06

it happens on both pcs. They are wireless networked through a netgear router. I am assuming it was the last update as it only seems to have been doing it for a couple of weeks. I have tried all I know - I haven't tried a restore as I'm not sure when it actually started.

VoG II 20:47 29 Jun 06

If you look in System Restore and click on dates around the time this started happening the update should be shown as 'Software Distribution'.

Windows Updates are normally released on the second Tuesday of the month.

NChick 20:53 29 Jun 06

I've been having the same problem for heck knows how long. Outlook Express will try to check for emails, and will then lock the PC up. If I'm lucky, I can restart, but sometimes even the power button won't respond! :(

This is why I'm now using a website, click here, for all my emailing needs. I daren't try outlook again, that's for sure, but I wish I could offer a solution (as opposed to the workaround I've given.).

Hoping you sort this out! Good luck!

Garthyy 21:02 29 Jun 06

I'll give system restore a go tomorrow, wife just had bad news. Thanks for your help so far.

VoG II 21:16 29 Jun 06

Good luck. I'm assuming this is Outlook and not Outlook Express as per NChick.

Garthyy 17:26 30 Jun 06

It is outlook, on a whim I've downloaded spybot and let it fix problems & so far it seems ok. I'll know more in the next few days. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5