Outlook installation broken

Kate B 16:16 21 Aug 06

Right, having installed the Office 2007 beta I uninstalled it as it was delivering all my emails without text, which seems to be a known problem.

And it's broken my Office 12 install. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times and Outlook won't work: it's unable to read toolbar data.

Each time I uninstall and reinstall it, it retrieves all my data, which on this occasion I don't want it to do - I want a clean, fresh start as something, probably in the .pst file, has been corrupted.

I've also tried a repair reinstall and that hasn't worked, either.

Any suggestions?

User-312386 16:25 21 Aug 06

go to add/remove programmes and if there any updates since you installed Office 2007 beta then uninstall them.

Or

If you have system restore turned on then go back when it was not installed

Kate B 16:35 21 Aug 06

No updates installed and *gnash* I didn't have system restore turned on. It seems to have corrupted my .pst file which I can't delete.

rawprawn 16:43 21 Aug 06

Are you sure there are no updates, is the "Show Updates" box ticked? (top RHS of Add /remove)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 21 Aug 06
  rawprawn 17:29 21 Aug 06

Please turn System Restore "ON"

Kate B 18:30 21 Aug 06

rawprawn, no, no updates installed. Fruit Bat, I don't seem to have scanpst.exe on my PC. Just seeing if I can find it on the internet.

VoG II 18:32 21 Aug 06

click here may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…