Outlook-indicating the wrong number of messages!

wotbus@ 08:59 14 Feb 03

Win ME with Office XP. Outlook has started to behave strangely. When I click Send/Receive, a window usually says something like "Receiving 1 of 4" for example, but it never is 4! Sometimes its only 1,2 or 3 but just lately its never the number it states. It has worked perfectly before.Not too important but always the doubt something has just been lost! Any idea's. I have Office XP on disc so I could take it out and put it in again but wondered if this is a common problem before I go to that extent.

Forum Editor 10:21 14 Feb 03

be caused by Outlook removing potentially dangerous emails from your inbox? It does this without telling you sometimes.

Or are you referring to something else?

Run a test - send your self half a dozen messages (using the 'Send all' option from the tools menu) then do a normal send and receive. Outlook should download all the messages, and show them to you. If it does, the solution is probably the one I mentioned.

wotbus@ 13:44 14 Feb 03

OK, thanks for the advice. For sure I have had some strange mails just lately so it maybe the former, but I will do the test.

wotbus@ 14:07 14 Feb 03

I just carried out the test you advised and all went OK so it looks like your solution was correct. Thank you for your guidance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…