Outlook and IE fall out...

Sir Radfordin 14:42 24 Feb 04

Just found an interesting story about computers being peoples friends (click here) and decided to send it to a few people..

Clicked File / Send / Link by Email

and was ammused to see this message in Outlook:

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments

Thus making the 'technology' useless in its unmodified form.

If that is what we get for having integreated systems...!

Bazz2000 14:52 24 Feb 04

I think its the setting in your oe program that is blocking the attatchment. Ive just sent it to myself and all worked fine. There is a box in oe that says block mail that could potentialy be a virus, but Im not sure off hand where. See if you have the box checked

Sir Radfordin 14:59 24 Feb 04

Cheers - I know there is some setting hidden away and I know I could change it but see little point as the people I would be sending this to wouldn't have made that change.

My point is that the systems are supposed to work together but unless you change the default settings they don't.

Bazz2000 15:12 24 Feb 04

Ah I understand exactly what you mean. Also, you need to be a sodding programmer to sort out any problems! As with that setting. If you dont know its there then you arent going to change it, and lets face it, most people dont.

Bazz2000 15:14 24 Feb 04

open oe and go to tools options security. The box is there just uncheck it.
Just in case you wanted to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…