OUTLOOK-HOW DO I REMOVE?

Super Trooper 00:09 12 May 03

Having problems with Outlook & wish to remove & re-install. I have saved address book, internet settings etc but can't figure out how to remove it from my system - it seems to be everywhere! It is not listed in "add/remove" in Control Panel & the "Office 2000" CDROM does not seem to cover removal of individual progs.

Any advice gratefully received

Super Trooper

beeuuem 00:30 12 May 03

In 'Add/Remove Programmes' select remove Microsoft Office 2000. This will open a window with the option to Repair the installation / Add or remove features / remove Office. In Add/remove Outlook if you are ure that is what is needed. Would not the repair perhaps be easier?

Forum Editor 01:24 12 May 03

on this.

Don't uninstall Outlook - it's a superb program (if a little resource greedy). Use the repair tool as explained by beeuuem, that should sort out the problem.

Forum Editor 01:25 12 May 03

beeuuem of course - sorry.

beeuuem 11:39 12 May 03

Received by mail

Thanks but Ive tried the repair option. I am rather worried about the remove option you suggest. I get "preparing to remove MS Office 2000" & abort at this stage as I dont want to do that. Will I get further option before the delete?

The option that you want is the second one 'Add or Remove features' definitely NOT the bottom one which is'Remove Office'. When you open this you are given the choice of removing Word, Outlook or, by opening the drop-down menu next to these, individual features within these.

beeuuem 12:09 12 May 03

To clarify the above, when you open 'Add or Remove features' the option to add or remove individual Office features is available.
Don't select 'Remove Office' as it will do just that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…