Outlook hogging the system

Akinbiyi 21:02 24 May 06

About once every day or so, Outlook 2003 [with all the latest updates] hogs all the CPU, i.e. 90%+, and the PC slows to a crawl. Sometimes I can shut down Outlook in the normal way but often I have to kill it from task manager. Outlook is always fine on starting it up again until the next time.... I am running XP SP2 with 1GB of Ram. Any ideas what has caused this?

anskyber 21:38 24 May 06

Could be the frequency of send/receive which if associated with a failure for example to connect to the server can cause lock up and prcessor stress. I have experienced the same problem with CPU usage as you describe.

GaT7 21:41 24 May 06

With Outlook (OL) closed, rename the OUTCMD.DAT file (to OUTCMD.DAT.old for example), then startup OL. G

GaT7 21:43 24 May 06

If using WinXP, the OUTCMD.DAT file will usually be present in drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Doing a search would probably be the easiest way. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…