Outlook frozen: synchronizing folders

BenSven 09:12 06 May 06

My Outlook 2003 SP2 has recently started to refuse to send large files. An icon appears in the tray which says that "Microsoft Outlook is synchronising folders" and the message sending gets frozen. I have found some commentary on the internet about .OST files but this seems to relate to using Microsoft Exchange server. I searched my hard drive and can't find any file with the .OST file extension. Any ideas?

VoG II 09:41 06 May 06

Have you tried Detect and Repair on the Help menu?

Forum Editor 10:29 06 May 06

Microsoft will get Outlook to perform flawlessly, without all the little idiosyncrasies that drive us all to distraction. There's no doubt in my mind that Outlook is the world's best business-user's email and contact management application bar none, but it does suffer from digital indigestion on a frequent basis.

If it's any consolation the next version - Outlook 12, which I've been using for several months now - is much improved, but it still has that red killing mist factor to some degree.

VoG™'s suggestion is the right one - try that and see what happens. If it doesn't do the trick come back and tell us - we'll try something else.

BenSven 18:03 06 May 06

Well... I ran Detect and Repair and that didn't seem to resolve it so I uninstalled Office and reinstalled it and also created a new mailbox pst as my default. In the middle of it all my Linksys router/modem died so I've had to buy a new one and reinstall that (I never knew Saturdays could be so much fun..).
Somewhere in all of that, the issue has resolved itself, but I guess I'll never know whether it was a problem with Outlook or the router.
Thanks for your suggestions... Quicker than the IT department at work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…