Outlook forwarding - WHO sent it !!

aph 08:06 09 Apr 03

I set a rule in Outlook to forward emails from my work account to my home account. It worked fine.
Only problem is that all mails have me as the sender in the 'FROM' field.

Is there any way I can just get a straight forward 'COPY' of the mail so that I can see the 'Senders' name in the 'FROM' field.

regards
Tony

fitshase 18:38 09 Apr 03

I don't think you will be able to set that up because forwarding e-mails from your work account to your home account means that effectively, you are the sender.

You might be able to set a rule to include the header fields from the original message in order to find out who sent it but their name will still not appear in the From: line.

In order to get your e-mails to your home account in the way you want, you need to set up an e-mail divert which your work e-mail administrator will need to set up.

Hope this helps

regards

Fitshase

aph 12:44 10 Apr 03

Thanks for the feedback,

It was a feature of Netscape that I really miss and it is so difficult to sort forwarded mail!!

Sir Radfordin™ 13:06 10 Apr 03

Why type of 'forward' have you set up?

I've got out of office rules setup that forward certain emails to me using standard forwarding. When they come to me they have me as the sender but they also show in the main body of the email who it was originally from.

There are a couple of other options you may want to try.

aph 13:11 10 Apr 03

I have the same rule that you mention and that is the crux of the matter. The actual sender of the mail is hidden from my mail view but obviously, if i open the mail i can then see who actually sent it.
It seems like not a lot to ask to have the mail 'really forwarded' as in don't modify tthe from field just push it on down the pipe as is!!
regards
Tony

Sir Radfordin™ 13:29 10 Apr 03

You can do what you are asking if you use the rules wizard and not the "out of office one".

You may be able to do this with out of office, but I can't test it, as it will confuse people sending me emails!

The rule you create should be:

Apply this rule after the message arrives

where my name is in the To box

redirect to <email address>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…