Outlook Files - Have I lost them???

Amer 09:21 09 Jun 14

Good morning everyone

I had to 'refresh' my Dell Desktop which wouldn't boot. It has reinstalled Windows 8 and thankfully all my files are intact. I have lost all my other software and will need to reinstall it, including MS Outlook. Does this mean I have lost all my previous e mails and folders or will these still be located somewhere on my hard drive, and if so where???

Thanks for any help in advance...

Amer

Amer 09:35 09 Jun 14

I will check when I get home Lazarus, thank you

Amer

Secret-Squirrel 10:22 09 Jun 14

"Does this mean I have lost all my previous e mails and folders or will these still be located somewhere on my hard drive, and if so where???"

I doubt very much that you've lost your Outlook data. You haven't specified your Outlook version so I can't be specific but when you get back home check your "Documents" folder and see if there's an "Outlook Files" folder. If that folder contains a PST file, then after you've reinstalled Outlook, point it to that file and you'll be back in business.

Amer 12:02 09 Jun 14

Thanks Secret Squirrel, again will check tonight......I was using Outlook 2010 I think, which I guess I need to reinstall first and then see if I can find the old files as per your suggestion

Thank you!

Secret-Squirrel 12:13 09 Jun 14

".........I was using Outlook 2010 I think..."

In that case my suggestion above should help you find your PST file. That single file conveniently has all your emails, contacts, and other personal Outlook data, so when you import it into your newly-installed Outlook, everything should be just like it was before your Windows reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…