Outlook file size

max10 21:15 29 May 06

I have recently had to reload windows XP on my computer. Since then large files being sent to me by e-mail have been getting bounced back to sender. I have looked at the settings for send/receive and the box for downloading header and attachments is ticked, but not the file size one. Any thoughts.

Taff™ 22:04 29 May 06

Are we talking Outlook Express or Outlook? Which version? I don`t think there is such a setting but post back where you found it and I`ll take a look.

How big are the files? ISP`s have different limits on file sizes and if they are being returned to sender by the ISP you have no control over that. For example 2 Mb attachments are the limit for Wanadoo I seem to remember.

max10 22:16 29 May 06

Programme is Outlook, setting was under tools,send/receive settings, define send/receive groups, and then under edit when account is selected, provider is tiscali. I don't know as yet what their limit is.

Taff™ 23:31 29 May 06

Thanks! I`ve got Outlook 2002 and it says "Download complete item" which is selected. The next box refers to item headers only and should not be selected.

Of course it could be be the senders ISP Limit. Another example of this is the sending of mailshots. I e-mail about 250 members of a Society and at this time of year, I attach various documents that are about 125Kb in total. If I do this with Pipex I can send them all at once because they total less than 3.5 Mb however if I happen to be using my partners ISP I have to send them in two parts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…