Outlook Express.Password Prompt

crazy diamond 00:43 14 Oct 03

Hi Guys,
Since recently following Microsoft's kind{?}offer to update my system,the little password prompt box no longer appears on my screen when I click to check my emails.Instead,the window opens straight into my 'In Folder' without asking for a p/w.Which is a bit of a shag 'coz there's more than one user on my p.c. so all and sundry have access to my {sometimes}very personal emails.
Could you please tell me what I should do to get the Prompt Box back to where it should be?
Thank-you,

C.D.

hugh-265156 01:36 14 Oct 03

outlook express?

tools/accounts/(click your mail account)/properties/servers and untick the remember my password box. may help you.

crazy diamond 00:08 15 Oct 03

Hi huggyg71,
Nah,It's not that I don't want my password remembered.What I need, is for the Prompt Box to be activated so that I can put MY password in.You see,I'm not the only user.But as no box appears,I'm not being given the option.My indentity is simply being by-passed and my email Inbox is being opened.Any more ideas?

C.D.

hugh-265156 00:37 15 Oct 03

try file/identities/manage identity(click your identity)properties and tick the requires password box here maybe.

crazy diamond 19:00 15 Oct 03

This box is already ticked.

C.D.

hugh-265156 22:12 15 Oct 03

bump!

Steve101 19:08 20 Oct 03

Crazy - I have the same problem after installing window updates - did you ever find out how to rectify the problem?

Steve

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 19:12 20 Oct 03

I think if you open OE up the goto tools/ accounts and select your email addy/properties then servers i think then take out your password and untick box if ticked,it should ask for password when it checks email addy.

Regards.

Steve101 19:25 20 Oct 03

Nickname - thanks for writing. But its not that. Before i did window updates - I got the box with account details - i selected the identity and then had to put in password to access account (as it was password protected). That box has now gone! Been to MS site and knowledgebase - that no help either. But thanks for bohering to respond.

Steve :-)

spikeychris 19:27 20 Oct 03
  Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 19:39 20 Oct 03

I dont know what os ,but i scanned web and deleting your user account(xp) seems to work dont know what that is but maybe you do lol.Dont delete old account before you see if new one works tho lol.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…