Outlook Express...I cannot send email...

GasGasOhlins 07:22 08 Aug 06

Hi all
First post so go easy on me!!!

I have selected a few photos in windows picture viewer...I have clicked on them to email them....they have been placed in my outbox but when I open OE it cannot send them. I have tried to delete the email from my outbox(to try to send them again)to no avail...they cannot be deleted...nothing happens at all...no error message etc etc ..Any ideas???.....

Thanks....

nob14 07:32 08 Aug 06

what size is the file your trying to send?

GasGasOhlins 07:42 08 Aug 06

Its just one picture,from memory...about 1.2mb....when i try to open the file(just now) to see how big...it does`nt even open to let me see(the message heading does however highlight up in blue).....

GasGasOhlins 13:07 08 Aug 06

....any ideas...need it up and running urgently....tried system restore but no luck....to reinstall xp i`ll have to try and locate a disc as mine has been lost...d`oh!!!...

johnnyrocker 13:47 08 Aug 06

and the solution was?

johnny.

GasGasOhlins 14:02 08 Aug 06

idea as to how to send the one and only email blocking my outbox ...d`oh!!!

johnnyrocker 14:04 08 Aug 06

try safe mode F8 during boot up and remove in safe mode.? or change the recipient to yourself?

johnny.

anchor 15:40 08 Aug 06

GasGasOhlins: I see you have clicked resolved.

How did you finally resolve this?. I know this is your first post, but it is it courteous, (and useful to others), to respond if a suggestion has helped.

GasGasOhlins 07:55 12 Aug 06

Sorry folks...I have been out and about until now....and I must`ve clicked resolved by mistake somewhere along the line.....the problem still exists...I`ve tried to even move the email to another folder within OE(then to delete it from there) to no avail......it just stays highlighted in blue with no movement whatsoever. It is just frozen. Any thoghts as to how to get this one deleted so I can be on my way as normal....

d`oh!

GasGasOhlins 20:11 12 Aug 06

Any takers for my continuing problems??? ;)

beeuuem 21:14 12 Aug 06

To remove the 'stuck' file.

In Outlook Express go to Tools>Options>Maintenance and then click on 'Store Folder'. Make a note of that folder, then navigate to it in Windows Explorer.
Close Outlook Express, then find the Outbox.dbx file in the right hand pane, right click on it and select 'Delete'.
Then restart Outlook Express - you should have a new Outbox folder with nothing in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5