Outlook Express/AVG removes unsafe attachments?

Morgan 09:51 25 Feb 04

I have been using Microsoft Outlook Express for about a year now, but I've only just noticed that it keeps removing attachments I receive as 'unsafe'. I'm not entirely certain whethef this has just started happening or if it is has always done it. All of the attachments that have been removed recently are Word documents. I have AVG anti virus software installed and I am wondering whether this might be removing the attachments? Have these documents been completely blocked or can I still receive them from somewhere on my system? Is it possible to change the settings on either MOE or AVG to allow Word documents to come through? I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Thanks.

temp003 09:59 25 Feb 04

In OE Window, click Tools, Options, Security, untick the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Click OK.

Taff36 10:00 25 Feb 04

I don`t think the attachments can be removed by OE only rendered inactive.

In OE TOOLS>OPTIONS and on the security tab untick "do not allow attachments to be opened or saved......" this may solve the problem if it was ticked in the first place.

I`m not sure that AVG can remove the attachments but I`m sure someone will tell you.

johnnyrocker 10:02 25 Feb 04

it is a setting by default in oe6 go to tools/options/security and remove the tick from 'remove attachments' etc or if you want to keep that security measure just click on forward to reveal the missing attachment.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 10:05 25 Feb 04

MUST get my typing speeds up.

johnny.

Morgan 11:11 25 Feb 04

I will try this tonight when I get home. Thank you all very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…