outlook express6 error

carnoustiejim 00:23 18 Dec 06

hi i cant get my email working properly
i can send message but cant recieve any
getting server error ox800ccc90 error number ox800ccc92 been trying for 7 days checked settings appear okay any help thanks carnoustiejim

lotvic 01:27 18 Dec 06

we need to know:
1. who your ISP is
2. who your email account is with (do not put your full email address in your response on here - just the part after the @ )
3. the full error message that is displayed

carnoustiejim 09:32 18 Dec 06

hi thanks for reply

my isp is talktalk
e/m talktalk.net
error message
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
thanks carnoustiejim

Input Overload 09:54 18 Dec 06

The problem is TalkTalk, they have had problems on & off for the last few days with their mail, rumor is it will be sorted by Tuesday.

lotvic 19:19 18 Dec 06

is it a new account that you have been trying to set up and you have never received mail but can send?
are you using Outlook Express?
is your prob solved? - (in that it was the talktalk mail server's temporary hiccup)

carnoustiejim 20:55 20 Dec 06

hi been with talktalk about 2 months email was working for a little while. despite numerous calls to them problem still exists
they keep going over the same thing
ie options then set up account the latest was yesterday i got some of my emails then another problem password box keeps appearing
ive checked in properties and settings look okay
still getting error messages ox800ccc90 + ox800ccc92
i was with bt and never had these probs hope you can advise carnoustiejim

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 20 Dec 06

These error codes relate to Pop3 errors -
CCC90 is a Response Error (client response invalid) and CCC92 is an Invalid Account Password Error.

These things are usuallydue to AntiVirus or Firewall problems - first check your account passwords are OK, then try with your AV/firewall disabled.

lotvic 00:45 21 Dec 06

I am with talktalk
check your settings with mine. They are listed in full half way down in this thread click here

carnoustiejim 23:27 21 Dec 06

hi lotvic/fruitbat thanks for your help got my email up and running reinstalled it and checked settings as advised shall see how i get on tomorrow and let you know thanks carnoustiejim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant