Outlook Express and Yahoo

hotchocolate 22:22 05 Oct 05

i have configured OE with my yahoo mail a/c. i am facing a problem. oe has been downloading the same mails again and again which i have deleted from my machine after reading them. Well, logically the problem should be with yahoo as it must be filling the mailbox again and again and hence oe keeps on downloading the same stuff. but i am not sure. can anyone help please.

octal 22:24 05 Oct 05

Its a long time since I've used Outlook Express, but I do remember there is a tick box that says 'leave a copy of the email on the server', try and look for it and untick it.

hotchocolate 22:43 05 Oct 05

thanks octal. i tried to find what u advised but couldn't find it anywhere. the thing is i've been using oe for a long time now and this problem never occured before.

kimjhon 02:03 06 Oct 05

In OE : Tools | Accounts | Highlight an account and hit Properties | On the Advanced tab the box to untick is showing.

hotchocolate 06:01 06 Oct 05

thanks dcdc. i checked. the box was not ticked. oe still downloading messages, each message several times.

octal 06:29 06 Oct 05

I haven't any answer at the moment, but I assume if you delete them off the server they don't return? Have you tried that?

hotchocolate 11:27 06 Oct 05

thanks for the tip octal. i did that earlier; it didn't help, but after ur advice i deleted the messages from the trash folder as well. maybe that helps. shall let u know asap.
keeping fingers crossed!
thanks a lot.

hotchocolate 15:20 06 Oct 05

i deleted the messages from the server trash folder and things are ok now. express is not downloading messages like crazy anymore. thanks for the help octal and dcdc. much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…