outlook express wouldn't connect

A.N. 23:46 15 Jan 03
  A.N. 23:46 15 Jan 03

suddenly outlook express stopped connecting to server and does not download e-mails. i have win 98, ie 6, and o/exp 6. c drive-600mbytes space. i used scandisk, defragged. still same problem. outloo exp accounts and connections are correct. i get an error message:
A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 ( sometime error no. 0x800CCC19 appears!)
please help
AN

Forum Editor 23:54 15 Jan 03

"outloo exp accounts and connections are correct" are you sure?

On many occasions I've seen this problem occur, and the cause has been a corrupted password in the Outlook Express mail account. Go to the server section of the mail account settings and delete the password that's entered. Then enter your password again. Apply the change, Close Outlook Express and launch it again. Now try a send and receive.

If this doesn't work let us know, and we'll try something else.

DieSse 00:35 16 Jan 03

It sometimes helps to delete the account completely, and set it up again from scratch. I've seen this work when all else has failed.

JoeC 08:29 16 Jan 03

I can't help with your problem, but you are not alone as i have had the same error messages since i upgraded from Me to XP home about 2 weeks ago. I also am connected to ntlworld.com. I've re-typed the account name and password a number of times and got no help from ntl they say it's a microsoft problem. There is no problem with internet explorer connection. I,ve tried the suggestions above but no success, have you had any? I also now have a problem connecting to MSN, I don't know if these problems are related.

A.N. 23:11 19 Jan 03

hi every one,
thnks for all the suggestions. i tried ALL of them without success. the modem error page has been useful.

any more tricks to set this problem right?

AN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…