Outlook Express works sometimes

Barb-1 18:12 28 Feb 07

I have talk talk broadband and outlook express and have never had any problems however, over the last 3 weeks my outlook express has been acting really oddly. I can sometimes send mail but mostly not, I can receive mail mostly all the time. I have checked all my connections and my talk talk help disc jumps in every time there is a problem, however, it diagnoses everything as OK. I also use a router, Belkin F5D7630-4UK and have checked all settings on this. My broadband is hunky dory, but my email is driving me nuts. Can anyone help???? I have also tried setting up a yahoo address but have probs with this too.....

Rich Pickings 19:49 28 Feb 07

Do you get an error message when it tries to connect?

terryf 19:56 28 Feb 07

Try going to IE>tools>connections tab and click on the LAN settings and make sure that 'Automatically detect settings' is ticked. IE and OE are linked and this worked for me when I had probs with OE always not going online. May help, won't take long to check when you are clutching for straws:-)

Barb-1 06:28 01 Mar 07

Yes, I'm getting various ones:
Ox800CCCOD - cant find host
Ox800CCC0F - connection dropped
Ox800CCC19 - timeout - most common one
Ox800CCC67 SMTP 421 not available
I have checked all the talk talk settings and my mail account is set up as it should be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple