Outlook Express won't shut down

paulhicko 16:54 03 Dec 03

I can't log out of Windows XP. I have log ons for myself, my wife and 2 kids...and every time one of us tries to log off an ending program box comes up, saying OUTLOOK EXPRESS SYNCH FOLDER won't end..I have to click on END NOW option to get out...then message comes up in inbox next time I go on saying oe didn't shut down properly last time (but gives me a link to my last message).....

Lozzy 12:22 04 Dec 03

Try deleting the Send.dbx folder as it may be corrupted. I had a similar issue and this cured it.

Lozzy 12:23 04 Dec 03
  paulhicko 14:33 04 Dec 03

Cheers Lozzy. Couple of weeks back me, wife and kids got flood of identical, official-looking emails from microsoft ([email protected]) urging us to 'use this patch immediately'. We'd each get maybe 20/30 a day for about week and patiently deleted them (Block Sender didn't work). Somehow this patch got into my wife's My Documents. Deleted it this morning, system restored back to mid-November, and not only has the problem been cured, touch wood, but we've stopped getting dodgy emails from our own addresses! It's a tale of our times! Wouldn't you love to find one of these sneaky b******s living round the corner! Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…