Outlook Express won't send outgoing emails

PeterPaul 14:29 29 May 05

Outlook Express won't send outgoing emails on my laptop (Windows 98SE) I have checked all my settings, which worked fine up to now. The undernoted error message comes up on any outgoing email. Incoming email OK

Error message

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was xxxxx. Subject 'Fw: test shared', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 you are not allowed to send mail to xxxx, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Number 7 16:18 29 May 05

Have a look here click here

PeterPaul 16:26 29 May 05

Thanks No. 7

I don't think that is my problem. I can't send to any email address.

I have an identical configuration on my desktop and it works OK.

The problem arose initially with AVD 7 and ZA. I have uninstalled both of these to try and cure it, without success.

Number 7 17:09 29 May 05

In Outlook Express have look at Tools> Accounts

Select the account and click Properties.

Click the Servers tab and under Outgoing Mail Server tick the box.

If that doesn't do it and you've made no other changes, then I think you're looking at deleting the existing account and setting it up again.

wednesday 13 17:33 29 May 05

It may need:

1) re-installing

2) It may just be one of those times, it could sort itself out like it did to me.

Joe R 17:37 29 May 05
  Joe R 17:39 29 May 05

PeterPaul,
sorry meant to add, the link is for outlook, but both run through the same servers.

Wilham 17:56 29 May 05

If you use an outgoing email scan, try switching it off. I remember updates to virus check in norton2003 added filters (even if already there), and led to OE timeout.

PeterPaul 19:19 29 May 05

Thanks to all - still working on it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…