Outlook Express won't send

cerealis 21:56 13 Jan 06

Having just changed ISP I now cannot send e-mails, although I can receive them. The error message ... Error Ox800CCC0B ... keeps coming up. This allegedly means the line is busy, but this is rubbish. The ISP helpline says it's the computer's fault. I have tried re-setting the account several times but with the same result.

I know this kind of problem has come up before. Has anyone solved it? Is it best to dump OE?

eedcam 22:29 13 Jan 06

Check in the From box that you are not using your old address

Kev.Ifty 22:35 13 Jan 06

Got this...

Go to TOOLS > ACCOUNTS > Click on Mail Account then click on PROPERTIES. Go to the ADVANCED tab and change 25 to 26.

From here

click here

aneurin 22:37 13 Jan 06

I switched from BTBroadband Basic to BTYahoo when I added a BT wireless Router and I cannot now send e-mails either. Even using Thunderbird as well as Outlook Express I can still only receive mail,but cannot reply or send.

cerealis 17:43 14 Jan 06

Changing to Port 26 appears to solve that error but creates another one ... Ox800CCCOE ... so it still won't send. Any ideas?

palinka 19:24 14 Jan 06

have you checked OE>Tools> accounts to see if everything is still set as it ought to be? For no reason at all my own PC suddenly wouldn't send emails today, though it would receive; I found the outgoing SMTP settings had changed somehow. Re-typed correct details and all is well. (Long ago found it was useful to have all the details written down & kept in safe place). This may not be the solution in your case, but it's worth a try.

cerealis 22:40 15 Jan 06

The problem has somehow solved itself by clearing out the accounts and starting again from the beginning. I don't know what the precise problem was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…