Outlook Express - won't retreive mail

pc_sausage 13:48 13 Jan 06

When I click "Send/Recv" to retrieve mail the status window pops up. This will normally say retrieving item 1 of 10 etc, but nothing happens.

Eventually I get a message: Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond?"

I haven't made any changes to my Outlook settings and I have a confirmed connection (Broadband).

Do you think it's a problem at my end or the ISP end (Freedom2Surf)?

Thanks

jaritch 14:26 13 Jan 06

Most likely the ISP. Due they have a status page on their website that perhaps lists any problems?

jaritch 14:27 13 Jan 06

oops .. Do they...

recap 14:30 13 Jan 06

If Freedom2Surf site has not been logged in to for a long period, your account may not be active any longer?

pc_sausage 14:34 13 Jan 06

I can't see any errors or issues on my freedom2surf account page.

But I've just logged into webmail (for the 1st time ever). I can see all the messages which my Outlook didn't retrieve.

So at least I can get at them, but I still haven't sorted the Outlook issue.

Thanks for the help so far.

rawprawn 14:35 13 Jan 06

It is more than likely an ISP server problem, leave it alone for an hour or so, and then try again (Don't keep trying, it compounds the problem) Meanwhile check your settins pop.???? even though you haven't knowingly changed them.

recap 14:37 13 Jan 06

You could also run your anti-virus/spyware to check and make sure you don't have a dialer.

pc_sausage 15:26 13 Jan 06

Just ran Adaware, Norton & Windows Update, re-booted and it's now happily retrieving mail.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…