Outlook Express won't open

Evans of Sprot 10:52 10 May 03

When I try to open OE I get the following error message:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Cable Internet-Mail', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
I'm on Telewest Blueyonder Broadband.
What please do I do?

Noels 10:55 10 May 03

The whole Blueyonder Mail system is down at the moment we just have to be patient

VoG™ 10:56 10 May 03

It's a problem at their end. I have the same click here

Evans of Sprot 10:57 10 May 03

THanks all.

dandt 12:06 10 May 03

Have 'phoned Freeserve Tech. at least five times asking what the problem was. Couldn't send emails except thro'clayworkers.com. and was receiving objectionable popups. One technician removed the firewall,another(4th call)when everything packed up as it refused to accept my password or number finally knew & removed popup source. After contacting Freeserve when it worked a.m then stopped p.m same day wrote. Now after they 'phoned me cannot even reach my email @ clayworkers. What's gone wrong? Is re-establishing Freeserve in Madeira the problem?
They say I'm on Outlook Express but everything comes up Freeserve Anytime. Is it a ploy to join their Broadband Servive? And do I need it if the existing service doesn't seem to be running smoothly?

Evans of Sprot 12:51 10 May 03

I have just discovered the 'Blueyonder Instant Support Tool' which you may freely get from the Blueyonder Home page. Looks as though it might be useful.

Evans of Sprot 12:08 23 May 04

Many thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…