Outlook Express won't open

Garb 19:53 19 Apr 04

Win XP pro
Try opening Outlook Express. The page opens but the folders etc do not open or show on the page. The hourglass keeps showing until I get a "this programme is not responding " message.
Have done nothing in the last day to cause this. Have been running MStag but this has caused no problems before. Have uninstalled it but still the same problem with OE.
I have backups of my mail messages up to 2 days ago so what is the best way of reinstalling OE assuming some file(s) are corrupted?

bretsky 21:00 19 Apr 04

This may help you click here

bretsky ;0)

Garb 14:01 20 Apr 04

Disabled the IE5 plugin in AVG antivirus (free edition) and all works OK now. No idea why that should start playing up as it has been like that for ages. Assume that AVG will still check incoming and outgoing mail as I left those option boxes ticked.

BurrWalnut 15:18 20 Apr 04

I think you should have the plug-in ticked, even if you're using OE 6.

Also on the Resident Shield you should "use heuristics" to try to catch new viruses/worms that are similar to previous ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…