Outlook Express wont disconnect

The Bard 11:42 24 Feb 03

I have Windows XP. After e-mailing, Outlook Express will not disconnect. The 'Hang up when finished' box is ticked and the task bar icon disappears but I have to use ctrl-alt-delete and remove OE from the list of Applications. Even then, it does not disconnect immediately.

MAJ 11:59 24 Feb 03

You seem to be talking about two different things here, The Bard. The connection *does* disconnect, yes? But OE is still running, that is, it's still open? OE doesn't close if you simply close the connection. Or am I reading your post incorrectly?

The Bard 13:28 24 Feb 03

Sorry, the programme 'disconnects', the programme closes and the taskbar icon disappears, but the phone line stays connected but cannot be used until I use ctrl-alt-delete to close the internet connection.

eccomputers 15:21 24 Feb 03

If you go into control panel, internet options, connections, settings, advanced and tick the bottom option, does it then ask if you want to disconnect.

Also, if you right click the two computers in the task bar, an option should be to disconnect. You shouldnt need to ctrl/alt/del.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…