Outlook express to windows live mail

Bob Exeter 16:09 27 Oct 10

My desk top has XP Pro sp3 and is running OE.
I wish to substitute this [old] mail programme to Windows Live Mail.
My question is; Are there any difficulties involved in the download/transfer etc.?

I would appreciate your assistance.

Bob Exeter

Bob Exeter 16:46 27 Oct 10

Thank you for your rapid response.

Looking at the suggested link MS have not made the transfer very simple and for the time being things will stay as they are. It is little wonder why so many users are reluctant to try this programme!!!

David4637 15:35 28 Oct 10

You have covered emails being transfered from OE to WLM, but what about the address book with all your contacts in, how is that done???
Thanks David

David4637 13:24 29 Oct 10

Refresh

lotvic 11:34 30 Oct 10

To import contacts click here
1. Open Windows Live Mail by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Windows Live Mail?, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Live Mail?.
2.In the lower-left corner of the Windows Live Mail window, click Contacts.
3.On the Home tab, click Import, and then click the type of address book that you want to import.
If prompted, browse to the file that contains the contact information that you want to import, click it, and then click Open.

David4637 14:47 31 Oct 10

Thanks for your very helpful reply - just getting ready when I have to go to W7 "screaming." Thanks David

Rob_08 13:42 07 Nov 10

I tried Live Mail but didnt like it at all. Couldnt find a way to make it open to inbox every time, it insists on displaying last message read which is a privacy issue extreme !! Didnt like Thunderbid ( past version 2 either) Not a patch on Outlook Express. Thats the one reason i have not moved to Windows 7 yet. My retail Pro is still on the shelf Wish they'd bring back OE for W7 then id install it. ;0(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…