Outlook Express on Windows 8

tonyq 17:01 PM 29 Dec 12

Hi all, a friend of mine as just bought his first laptop with the Windows 8 installed. He uses Outlook Express as his email at work and would like to use this on his new laptop but seems unable to be able to set it up.Is it possible to use Outlook Express with Windows 8?,or if not what is the best thing for him to do? so that he can use his email account.

iscanut2 17:11 PM 29 Dec 12

Not using Windows 8 I do not know if Windows Live Mail comes pre installed, but if not, have a look here http://www.filehippo.com/downloadwindowslive_mail/ Outlook Express is no more and I do not think it compatible with Win 8. On the same link above, Thunderbird is also a good email client. Also think about Google Mail ( Google it ! ). If your frien uses his Intyernet Provider email, this can be set up in Live Mail or Google mail ( I think) Others may be able to help more on this point.

iscanut2 17:14 PM 29 Dec 12

PS Sorry my link did not work.Got to www.filehippo.com/downloadwindowslive_mail/

tonyq 20:48 PM 29 Dec 12

Will he be able to use his O/E contacts ect,using Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live mail

iscanut2 22:05 PM 29 Dec 12

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016