Outlook Express with Windows 7

fuggle 14:57 07 Aug 10

My wife is buying a laptop with Windows 7 installed. All she wants to do is e-mail friends, and I am thinking of downloading Outlook Express because I can do it for free and I am reasonably familiar with it.

The question is does Express work OK with Windows 7?

Sea Urchin 15:04 07 Aug 10

Outlook Express is part of earlier operating systems, and is not available for Windows 7. It is not available as a separate download.

Windows Live Mail is very similar to OE and can be downloaded from here

click here

mgmcc 15:05 07 Aug 10

Outlook Express is an integral part of the download for earlier versions of Internet Explorer. It can't be downloaded as a stand-alone program.

Better option for use with Windows 7 is "Windows Live Mail" which, despite its name, is an email program and not a web-based service. click here Configuration of the mail settings is almost identical to Outlook Express.

Sea Urchin 15:06 07 Aug 10

I'll try again in English

click here;displaylang=sk&displaylang=en

fuggle 15:49 07 Aug 10

I have seen it offered as a free download on the tucows site.

Sea Urchin 17:06 07 Aug 10

That download is 9 years old - and note that it says "This e-mail client integrates fully with your OS". As it doesn't work with Windows 7 (which obviously wasn't around in 2001) that will not be the case.

fuggle 21:10 07 Aug 10

OK guys. Thanks for the help. Another time saving idea gone wrong. I'll investigate "Windows Live Mail"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac