Outlook Express will not work.

1936 09:43 12 Nov 09

While I am away at a holiday caravan in Somerset I need to pick up my E-Mails so I tried various gadgets such as Vodafone 3G which I dumped when I found an enormous bill from I know not where. I then tried a Wi-Fi gadget but having to go and sit outside MacDonald’s was doing my waste line no good so I then tried O2 3G but I found that was not a lot of good either and worse of all it messed up my Wi-Fi capability so last night I dumped it using the Remove facility.

This morning I found that I can’t open my E-Mail OE and a message came up.

Outlook Express
Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details.

The host "mail.btinternet.com" could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: MY NAME "e-mail" Server: "mail.btinternet.com", Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure (SAL): No Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Can you help?

Woolwell 09:48 12 Nov 09

I think that it may be BT problem looking at other threads.

rawprawn 09:49 12 Nov 09
  Sea Urchin 10:42 12 Nov 09

Why not try accessing your emails from mail2web - you just need your address and password

Go to mail2web.com

rawprawn 11:47 12 Nov 09

Mine is now working.

1936 13:54 12 Nov 09

I received the following this morning that explains it all.
Urgent – emails you send from non–BT Yahoo! Mail addresses via our SMTP servers may be blocked
Dear Customer,
You've received an Error 553 message because we've upgraded your BT Yahoo! Mail security to help prevent identity fraud and spam.
These enhancements will help protect you from 'spoofing' – when people use alternate addresses to disguise an email's real sender, possibly to commit fraud.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced