//some 3rd party need geo

OUTLOOK EXPRESS WILL NOT DISPLAY INCOMING EMAILS

notrom 11:25 19 Jan 03
  notrom 11:25 19 Jan 03

Am using Outlook Express 5. When trying to book Venice hotel yesterday I realised I can send emails but incoming emails are not diplayed in inbox or take hours to appear. My ISP is waitrose.com but am also with AOL. I get 7 error messages along following lines.
The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3 (2)', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.waitrose.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

AM VERY IGNORANT OF COMPUTERS and do not understand what above means or how to correct it but am having great problems booking hotel and want to avoid confusion of pidgin English conversation with Italian hotel! Please help.

bvw in bristol 11:39 19 Jan 03

click here and scroll through the Waitrose technical help page, might help you.

Forum Editor 11:55 19 Jan 03

indicates that the Waitrose POP3 mail server - the one that handles your inbound mail - is having a problem recognising you. Have you checked that your mail account settings are correct?

You can do this in Outlook Express by going to tools on the toolbar and selecting 'accounts'. When the dialogue box opens, make sure that the 'mail accounts' tab is selected, and then click once on the default mail account to highlight it. Then click on the properties button on the right.

In the proerties dialogue, select the 'servers' tab, and then check your username and password for the waitrose POP3 server. To be sure, delete the existing password and type it in again. Then click on Apply and OK and close Outlook Express.

Now restart Outlook Express and try a 'Send and receive'.

notrom 08:27 23 Jan 03

Grovelling apologies for not responding much earlier - minor domestic crisis intervened. Thanks bvw in Bristol and Forum Editor - am now able to access incoming emails though still get a list of error messages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…