Outlook Express - where are messages saved

Charlie Babbage 22:33 16 Mar 06

I have an old hard disk with about 70 messages that used to display in OE v.6

I now have a new hard disk and want to transfer the messages from the old disk to the new disk. I have looked at the Microsoft site help on 'Migrating Files' but this is not much help as the old hard drive is no longer in the original computer.

I have tried connecting the old hard drive as a slave on the new computer but when I go into OE it just displays the lastest 12 or so files I have downloaded since getting the new computer.

Is there any easy way of accessing the old messages and moving them to the new HD?

Any assistancce given would be much appreciated.

wobblymike 22:40 16 Mar 06

you will find them in Documents and Settings/User name/local settings/application data/identities/long string of letters and numbers/microsoft/outlok express
best way is to do what you dis install the disc as a slave open up Oe and import them from the location above

lotvic 23:02 16 Mar 06

connect old drive as slave > Open OE on your new drive (in the Identity that you want the folders to end up in) > File > Import > Messages > choose Outlook Express 6 (that refers to the original prog that created the .dbx files you want to import) > click on 'Next' > Put a dot in 'Import mail from an OE6 store directory' > click on OK > Browse to the old drive Documents and Settings/User name/local settings/application data/identities/long string of letters and numbers/microsoft/outlok express (as per wobblymike said) and Import them

westwit 23:53 16 Mar 06

Just in case you (or someone else) changed the message store location, or if your old disk was using a different OS which stored them elsewhere, and you can't find them in the folder described, do a file search for *.dbx and you should find all the mail folders together. Then proceed as described.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…