Outlook Express "Weird Screen Appearance"

Bingalau 21:32 28 Jul 03

I don't know what I have done to obtain this screen which has suddenly appeared. I don't seem to be able to get rid of it. Can anyone help please?
The whole screen is blue apart from accross the centre where the following line has appeared
"Web Search" this is followed by a box to type in and a "Go" button, after this is a button to give a choice of "All The Webb" and then another one "Shopping" then comes the words "Freeserve Homepage" followed by a square space with an advert for "John Lewis.com the best of John Lewis, on Line". I have tried to delete it to no avail.. I can't get at my mail whilst it is there. Anybody know how I have acquired this? and can you help rid me of it please?
Bingalau

VoG II 21:53 28 Jul 03

Very odd!

Try a repair of Internet Explorer which will also repair Outlook Express click here

Bingalau 22:57 28 Jul 03

Hi VoG !
Tried that and it didn't make any difference at all. Sorry for the long time taken to reply but I was doing a virus scan just in case that had anything to do with things. I think I will get myself off to bed now and see if I feel any different in the morning..Who knows it might clear itself overnight. Thanks for trying, I know you often help people on here as I have seen your sig. many times before.. Thanks and if you have any more ideas let me know because I am not oo proud to ask for help..Bingalau..

xania 12:43 29 Jul 03

I wonder if your IE home page has been altered and its trying to load up something which take a long time to download. Open up IE off-line and go to <Tool> <Internet Options>. Check your Home Page and, if you don't reconise what it says, amend it to something like click here. Then click <apply> then click <OK> then try going on-line.

Bingalau 11:52 30 Jul 03

Xania.. Thanks again but once again I have not had any joy with that either..Anyone else out there with any ideas please? Ive got a gang of "E" mails waiting for me. I can send out o.k. and have notified everyone on my address book to stop sending because of this problem. I am wondering if it has anything to do with one of these "Chain Letters" which I usually delete straight away.. However I got one from my neice in Oz. which I inadvertantly opened. Perhaps this is the bad luck that one gets if it is not passed on to others. Which it wasn't. Has it been programmed in to that somehow or other? I expect I am barking up the wrong tree. The way it is going I will soon be "Barking" anyway..Any solutions out there please???

xania 13:55 30 Jul 03

Don't know any more answers to your problem, but, as a work-around, did you know that you can see your e-mails anywhere in the world. There are a number of sites offering this in various guises. click here to at least see, read and reply to all e-mails waiting for you.

Bingalau 16:07 30 Jul 03

xania Thanks again but I couldn't log on to that site..However I have accessed my mail by using "Print" and the "Print Preview" then gives me a look at it before I put it in the "delete" box, where I will be able to access it again if, and when I get my Outlook window back into use. Many thanks for your advice though. I will leave the thread open in case someone can come up with an idea. Bingalau..

Bingalau 16:13 30 Jul 03

Hi again! Just thought. Is there any way of uninstalling "Outlook Express" and then re-installing it again? Would that work?

Bingalau 20:24 30 Jul 03

Anybody ? before I go and drink myself into oblivion....

xania 20:32 30 Jul 03

I don't know about uninstalling OE, but you might like to try SFC (system file checker), which you can run from your <Statr><Run> facility. This will indicate any system files you need to replace and, with your CD available guide you to do so. Indicdentally, I don't knwo why you had trouble with mail2web.com - I use it all the time from any computer I happen to be near.

Bingalau 20:37 01 Aug 03

xania...Thanks for still being with me on this but I am going to give up and change over to Yahoo or something else. I just don't seem to be getting any joy out anything I try..so I wil tick this as "resolved" even though it isn't. I think I am going to delete Outlook altogether. anyway "Thanks for trying" Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac