Outlook Express & Webmail?

ton 15:47 26 Nov 03

Does anyone know if its possible to use Outlook Express with Tiscali WEBMAIL.
If so, what would the settings be?

Cretin07 15:51 26 Nov 03

tiscali? does it have pop options? if so then the pop might be pop.tiscali.com and smtp might be smtp.tiscali.com, try that if it dont work send a reply.

Djohn 15:54 26 Nov 03

click here This thread applies to Blueyonder and OE, but may help. Although there were a few problems, I think it was just down to incorrect address details. j.

ton 15:56 26 Nov 03

Thanks for reply but I don't want settings for pop3, I'm ok with that. I want it for webmail.

ton 15:57 26 Nov 03

Thanks Djohn, will look at the link now.

ton 16:18 26 Nov 03

Not what I want, but thanks anyway Djohn. Those settings are for pop3 etc.
I'll explain what I want to do.

I connect with AOL broadband.

I can use this connection to receive pop3 mail from Tiscali (with Outlook Express), but I can't send Tiscali mail.

However, if I log in to the Tiscali Webmail page, (still 0n AOL)I can send and receive (useing the web page).

What I want is Outlook Express to be able to use this connection.

Jester2K II 16:26 26 Nov 03

What errors do you get if you try to Send using OE?

There is no difference between the webmail and pop3 you are using. All we need to do is get the right settings in OE.

What settings are you using?

Djohn 16:29 26 Nov 03

Not sure if you can do this. As you know you can receive mail from any pop3 account through AOL, but to send mail you have to use their own, [AOL] system. and Outlook or Outlook Express will not send through AOL.

If you go to "Keyword" and type in "Communicator" you can download the AOL multi-email program.

From this you can send/receive mail in any form through AOL. It's a new release from AOL [Not a BETA] and is designed for the purpose you want, looks very much like Microsoft outlook.

Regards. j.

Djohn 16:34 26 Nov 03

A little more info. to the above. With my AOL account, my son could log in to AOL on my PC, then use his Hotmail, or yahoo to send/receive emails to his own account and receive from his friends, but O/E would not work, AOL will just refuse to recognise it. j.

TBH1 16:35 26 Nov 03

with Outlook Express, you can collect email from all accounts that you have set up to receive - - but you can only send email from the account belonging to the ISP you are on at that time. My Outlook Exprees picks up btopenworld, tiscali and ntl - -and picks up these no matter what isp I am signed onto - - -but if I am on ntl, I can only send from the ntl one. You can, of course, when replying to, say, your tiscali email, and being signed onto ntl, you can change the drop down menu thingy in the 'from' box. There, clear as mud ain't it ????? I'll get me coat - -

ton 16:35 26 Nov 03

This is the error. These settings work fine if I connect useing Tiscali.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.worldonline.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.worldonline.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…