Outlook Express - very big .dbx files

webber_man 14:18 30 Aug 07

Hi,

I have been sorting out my Outlook Express folders and deleted lots of unwanted emails. However, some of the .dbx files are extremely large, even though there are no or few emails in those corresponding folders.

My Deleted Items.dbx file was nearly 1gb in size! And it was empty within OE. I have sorted this one by removing the big file and creating a new .dbx file (hope that was the right way to do it!).

However, i am left with some files that are still very big even though i have deleted emails from the folders in OE. My sent .dbx file is over 300,000mb.

Can someone please advise me how i sort this out so that the .dbx files are not over inflated and actually correspond with what is in the folder?

Thanks.

brundle 14:33 30 Aug 07

click here

Compact All Folders

webber_man 15:15 30 Aug 07

Thanks. I had compacted the folders but without any joy. But after looking at the link i deleted all the temp. files and done a general clean up and then re-compacted the files and it worked this time!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…